What Will My Child Learn in Theraplay?
Your child will learn to see you as strong, wise, and skillful in helping her out of distressful moments and into better behaviors.
Your child will feel closer to you and your influence will grow.
In response to your new skills, your child will feel more competent and confident.
She will feel calmer, less anxious, angry, frightened, or timid.
Your child will get along better with other authority figures and with peers and siblings.
She will not have to resort to problematic behaviors to get his needs met. Children who have suffered separation, loss, abuse or neglect will learn:
- He can trust you to take care of him.
- He can rely on you to meet his needs for nurturing and comfort./li>
- To accept appropriate structure, limits, rules.
- Your child will increasingly enjoy engaging with you.
- He will feel worthy of care, counteracting his negative experiences.
Children with developmental/communication issues will learn:
- That interacting with others is fun and pleasurable.
- How to read social cues and others' feelings.
- The rhythm and give-and-take of social relationships.